Monday, October 11, 2010

Cichlids and Dead Filters

So it's pretty much accepted that I'm going to have to buy myself a 50 gallon tank and let Pebbles the Cichlid commandeer the one he is in right now.  I am torn between getting less gallonage, but with more monies in my pocket, to getting many gallons, meaning more goldfish, but less monies.

There is Craigslist.  But I'm scared of Craigslist. D:

And the freakin sponge filter I've been running has died.  So I'm back to square one in terms of keeping the tank comfortably cycled for Phoebe.  She's exhibiting signs of stress from ammonia again, even with twice daily water changes.  (This is just in the past day or so, though)  All I can really do is add in extra prime to let it neutralize the ammonia until its time for a water change.  She's gone through this before though, she can go through it again.  Got a new biofilter in the process though.

I just can't wait till these guys are in their 50 gallon.  I will be all happy-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment