Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Giovanni in the 75 gal

Last weekend, Giovanni joined Vide and Phoebe in the 75 gallon tank.  He seems to be doing well  and is showing himself to be the gentle giant in the tank.  (With Phoebe being the piggy queen and Vide being the mellow fellow)


Tonight, though, I've noticed that Vide and Phoebe "seem off".  Whenever they swim, their fins are clamped, but when they're "floating", they have their fins back up (Vide especially is doing this).  Earlier today, Phoebe bottom-sat for a little bit, but she's not doing that much now.  Maybe this is just them swimming/resting against the current (There's a lot of action going on with the two filters and bubbly bubble wand.)  I'll keep an eye on them, probably start salting a little bit.  I admit that I added Giovanni one week earlier than I was supposed to... (He's been QT'ed for 3 weeks)  But he looked and acted great, been salted and treated with prazi,  as well as expelled healthy poos.  (Good poo is all the rage now.)  I will just wait and see.  I tend to over-analyze things and jump to conclusions when it comes to my goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment