Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Tri Color Ryukin!

He's here and he looks great!  I don't remember if I mentioned this in the last post or not, but I got this guy from www.goldfishnet.com.  Every week the site has an auction, and though the fish are a bit pricey, they are high quality, healthy, and absolutely gorgeous.

This being my first online fish ever, I was pretty nervous throughout the whole process because I didn't know what to expect.  But it all worked out!  I bid on the fish, the day after the auction closes, Tommy called and I payed, then I got the bin and filters ready whilst dealing with my current goldfish laying eggs all over the place and then.... waited.

As for the name... I'm thinking of something Hawaiian... but we'll see!

But I'm rambling and going off on weird tangents.  Here are the pics!

Acclimating in his bag
In the tub he goes!
Top View
8O


One of his auction photos (not mine)

The other auction photo

2 comments:

  1. He is just beautiful! He can come live with me if you ever need to re-home him!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

  2. ryukin goldfish is a hardy and attractive variety of goldfish with a pointed head and has a pronounced hump on the back behind the head.

    ReplyDelete