Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blind Phoebe

A lot has happened over the past few days.  A LOT.  I just feel like giving a run down of what happened, I guess to chronicle what's going on.  Feel free to interject hysterical "oh God oh God oh God!" moments between each sentence.

On Monday, I found that Phoebe's eyes were gone.  Cogburn had eaten both of them.  I separated her from the main tank and put her in a QT.  She was faring well, but I honestly didn't know if she was going to survive.

Tuesday I came home from school to check on everyone, and found out that Phoebe and Cogburn had been switched.  Why?  Because Cogburn was going after Vide's eyes.  My dad was the one who did the switching, and who I am in eternal gratitude towards.  I can't imagine going through another episode of a traumatized blind fish.  Thankfully, Kokos members offered very helpful advice and support--I don't know what I would do without them.

Phoebe is doing better in the main tank.  Vide and Giovanni (or Giada.  I can't keep her name straight) are ignoring her, which is the absolute best thing they can do.  Cogburn is in the 10 gallon being punished.

Now I have a dilemma of either rehoming Cogburn or buying him a tank all to himself.  I'm leaning towards getting a tank, since there's not many people down here at all that are willing to offer a big tank for one mean goldfish.  I also don't feel good just giving away a $200 fish.

So I'm going to be looking for a 40 gallon tank for him.  I think that would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment