Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It begins!

The cycling has begun!  We kind of have a weird plan for the tank while it's cycling, but it's going to work out in the end.  I hope.  hehehe

Crappy cell phone pic of the tank.  :D

So because the dresser that the 50 gallon has been sitting on is actually BOWING on the top, we're having to move the 75 gallon from there to the floor in a no-traffic area.  I've ordered a proper stand online, so we'll cycle the tank on the floor, wait till the stand comes, and when the cycle is over, we'll empty out the water, move the tank to the stand, refill it, and off we go!

This tank feels like a monster to me.  I get nervous just thinking about how much it weighs!  On the other hand, I get excited thinking about how happy it's going to make Vide, Phoebe, and the rest of their future siblings. :B :B :B

As of right now, I'm loading up the tank with ammonia.  (Which I FINALLY found at Johnny's True Value.  And it was the last bottle. D:)  It's annoying, testing the water a lot, but after tonight, it should just be daily tests and ammonia addingsesses.

I'm feeling a bit hopeful for a fast cycle, since the filter (should be) established.  The filter floss filled with the BB was literally falling apart, so I'm putting on new floss while keeping the old, dirty ones pinned behind them.  Anyway, should be interesting.  :O

No comments:

Post a Comment