Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Baby Red Cap Oranda

Last night I moved the comet out and bought a "Red Cap Oranda" to put in my 26 gallon tank. Yay!



This guy was one of the last two red-capped ANYTHING in the store, and as a family was getting their 6 comets to put in two bowls, (which made me a little sad.  Learning so much about goldfish is opening my eyes to just how much abuse they get just because of how cheap they are) I stood next to the red caps, quickly "gauging" their health.  (Basically whether they had ich or not and if they're swimming right)  I eventually got my fish, talked to it, headed home, and put it in my tank.

Water Parameters:

50 Gallon
Nitrates:  0-20
Nitrites:  0
Hardness: 150-300
Chlorine:  0
Alkalinity:  40
pH:  7.2-7.8
Ammonia:  0.5


26 Gallon
Nitrates: 0-20
Nitrites: 0
Hardness: 150
Chlorine: 0
Alkalinity: 40
pH: 7.2
Ammonia: 0.5 <--huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment