Friday, August 20, 2010

Mr. SadRyukinMan :C

The Ryukin has been favoring the bottom of the tank for the last two days.  My hypothesis is that the ammonia and the ich are starting to wear on him.  He had a SUPER long thin translucent string of poo.  Which could mean stress, parasites, or constipation (but it's most likely stress/parasites).  I'm very hesitant on feeding him antibiotics... I don't want to stress him out even further.

Ryukin with translucent poo.  And it got LONGER!
(Fullview for extra pooey details)  

I did a 50% water change today (to mainly make myself feel better) but he's acting the same way.  Of course the tank is only in its first month of usage and is far from being completely cycled.  I shouldn't have added fish so early... but then again, I probably wouldn't have gotten this guy if I hadn't been careless.  Live and learn. :(

I'm debating on whether to temporarily put the Ryukin in the 26 gallon (fully cycled).  However, I don't want to introduce ich to this tank as well.  I dunno, really.

Speaking of the 26 gallon, Mr. Red Cap (almost named "Nisshoki"... if I can ever remember that.) is doing very well!  (The 0.5 ammonia reading I had last post has gone back down to 0.  Not sure what happened...)  He ate a good 1/4th of jumbo brine shrimp today.  He's about a little over an inch right now, not counting the tail.  Cuteness!

Camouflage, ENGAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment