Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fungus on Giovanni (pics coming)

Giovanni's developed some sort of fungus on her dorsal fin... I'm not really sure where it's coming from.  Fin rot, perhaps?

So far, Vide and Nano don't seem to be affected.  I put Giovanni in a 10g quarantine, but with the stubborn ammonia, I can't do much except waterchanges.  And with my preoccupation with other non-goldfish things right now, the waterchanges aren't coming as often as they should.

So today, I decided to move everyone.  Again.

Phoebe moved in with Nano and Vide.  So far, the black on her fins (a sign of healing from Giovanni's fin-nipping) has almost disappeared, and she's had about a month to recuperate.  (I think it's been a month...)  I'm trusting Vide and Nano to leave her alone for now.  For some reason, Giovanni was the only one who fin-nipped.

Cogburn moved into Phoebe's tank (the 26 gallon).  This is going to be his permanent home anyway.

Giovanni moved into Cogburn's previous 10 gallon, which is completely cycled.  This way, I can safely start salting and treating the fungus.

Giovanni has been stubbornly floaty.  Even after peas and fasting, she still hovers around the top and has trouble swimming.  Her dorsal fin sticks out of the water a lot, perhaps this is contributing to the "fungus"?  I have no clue.  I need to get my stuff together and get a thread topic cooking so that I can know for sure what I'm dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment