Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nano's going to play with the big kids

I went to PetSmart today to look at all the tanks/stands they have on sale.  I got to look at the 40 gallon IRL instead of relying on a picture online.  It looks really big for one fish--even Cogburn's size.

Originally, I was going to have Cogburn in his own 40 gallon and everyone else in the 75.  But since realizing that a whole new setup will set me back at least $300, I started to second-guess my plans for the future.  So I've come up with something else that--with luck-- won't require me to buy a completely new set up, but will offer a home for everybody.  (I'm trying to save as much money as I can for the treatment for one of my sick dogs.)

Tomorrow, I'm going to put Nano in the 75 gallon with Vide and Giovanni.  If nobody is giving him any problems, then I will move Phoebe and her filter into Nano's 26 gallon.  Cogburn will stay where he's at for now, as he is healthier and more tolerable of the ammonia spikes that come with an uncycled tank.

Once Phoebe completely heals up, I will put her in the 75 with Nano, Vide, and Giovanni.  Cogburn will then have the 26 gallon.  If everyone gets along and no problems arise, this will be the new living arrangement.

Tbh, I'm a little sad to see Nano go into the big tank, he won't be alone in my room anymore.  He's like my little baybeeee!  But I really hope all this works out, if not, nothing's really lost, I'll just be back to square one as far as living arrangements go.  If I have to buy a new tank stand and filter, so be it, but since I was planning on moving Nano when he's older and bigger anyway, I might as well try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment